Citra is the most well received in their series of Single Hop beers. After taking Gold in 2011 and 2012 at the California Craft Brew Competition, and due to its high demand with consumers, they decided to make this a year-round style. This IPA pours a dark amber in color with an off-white head. The hop aroma is floral, with citrus notes, while the malts have a toasted barley character with some caramel. Citra‘s hop flavor is resiny, with some citrus quality that is offset by toasty malt flavors with a touch of caramel. This is a moderately full bodied beer, with a bright carbonation, and a dry finish.
- Gold, California State Fair, Commercial Craft Brew Competition 2011
- Gold, California State Fair, Commercial Craft Brew Competition 2012
The most popular American craft beer style. Floral, fruity, citrus, piney aromas and flavors. They range in ease of drinking (session) from easy to quite huge knock-you-out-of-your-chair flavor and alcohol.
- ABV: Medium to high alcohol
- Color: Golden to copper/brown
- Glassware: Spiegelau IPA glass or similar
- Temperature: 50-55 oF
- Food Pairing: Thai food, burgers, oily fish like salmon or mackerel, citrus desserts