Stella Blue is an American Sour Ale aged for one year in wine barrels with local blueberries, strawberries and rhubarb. Stella Blue was the first place Gold Medal winner at the 2015 California State Fair commercial craft beer competition. The delicate flavors of the springtime fruit are enhanced by the crisp tartness of the beers finish. Sold in 500ml bottles.
- Gold Medal 2015 California State Fair
- Gold Medal 2016 California State Fair
- Gold Medal 2016 West Coast Invitational Wheat/Saison/Belgian/Sour category
- Silver Medal 2016 West Coast Invitational Best of Show
- Silver Medal 2016 Amador County Fair
- Gold Medal 2016 North American Brewers Association
Tartness and pucker lovers. Organic acids naturally come about from the acidified malts in the mash or during fermentation from various microorganisms and barrel aging. That's why the term 'wild' is used around Sours. They range from soft and floral and semi-sour to super funky and very sour and really everywhere in between.
- ABV: Low to high alcohol
- Color: light to dark
- Glassware: Goblet or stemware
- Temperature: 40-50 oF
- Food Pairing: meat and cheese plate, shellfish like shrimp, crab or lobster